Splunk SME Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Location: London, Southampton, Edinburgh
Digit People are currently working with several Cyber Security consultancies and currently shortlisting Splunk SME Engineers.
What you will be doing
- Act as a Splunk enterprise Subject Matter Expert
- Architect, design, support, and maintain high availability, distributed multi-clustered and multi-tenant Splunk deployment
- Maintain strategic Splunk architectural development roadmap
- Responsible for Splunk deployment and server infrastructure analysis, optimization and capacity planning
- Responsible for onboarding and maintaining a wide variety of data sources to include various OS, appliance, and application logs
- Support Splunk on Unix, Linux and Windows-based platforms
- Perform data mining and analysis, using various query and reporting methods
- Solve/troubleshoot complex integration challenges and configuration issues
- Create advanced searches, dashboards, visualizations
- Manage Splunk knowledge objects
- Technical writing/creation of formal documentation such as architecture diagrams, technical designs.
What you will bring
- Preferably Security cleared
- Bachelor’s Degree, or an equivalent combination of formal education, and experience.
- Six (6) years of general work experience and two (2) years of experience architecting, configuring, deploying, and customizing Splunk.
- Splunk Administrator Certified or higher
- Strong understanding of all Splunk architecture components to include search head clustering, indexer clustering, deployment server, and monitoring console.
- Strong understanding of configuration files and the relationship between GUI configuration and backend configuration file impact
- Knowledge of advanced search and reporting commands
- Strong understanding of SPL as well as the ability to develop automated search and apps using Python or bash/perl/shell scripting
- Demonstrated ability to create complex dashboards, forms, and visualizations
- Understanding of System Log Files and other structured and non-structured data
- Effective verbal and written communication skills that include the ability to describe highly technical concepts in non-technical terms
In return you will
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Full benefits including medical and health insurance
- Pension plan
- A dynamic and professional environment, friendly team environment, and strong career progression opportunities.
Digit People is a specialist recruitment consultancy work within the Cyber Security, GRC, Quant Analytics, Systematic trading, Digital, Tech, Change, and Financial areas. We cover broad industry sectors from technology, fintech, banking, investment, energy, commodity, and petrochemical. We focus on the UK, US, EMEA markets.